Monday, June 14, 2010

Lawyers

Why is it that lawyers are really difficult to get in touch with? After all, if they don't talk with you they won't have the case and therefore won't make any money. Still have not heard from the lawyer about whether or not he will handle my case to try and overturn the denial of my Long Term Disability benefits - the good ones are really busy, I guess. Hope he takes the case - if not, that will be the end of it.

Joke for the Day: I was a brand-new attorney in practice alone, and I had a likewise inexperienced secretary fresh out of high school. The importance of proofreading the results of my dictation was highlighted one day when a reminder to a client's tenant to pay her rent or suffer eviction was transcribed as follows: "You are hereby notified that if payment is not received within five business days, I will have no choice but to commence execution proceedings."

Cartoon and joke provided by: Reader's Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment