Saturday, June 5, 2010

Heat

Whew! The thermometer is going to reach of 100 degrees today. The earliest that New Mexico has reached that temperature. We have all the fans running, the evap running (we don't have central air) and our portable a/c unit waiting in the sidelines. It will be like this for a week and then will drop into the low 90s. Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

Joke for the Day: When I overheard one of my cashiers tell a customer, "We haven't had it for a while, and I doubt we'll be getting it soon," I quickly assured the customer we should have whatever it was she wanted by next week. After she left, I read the riot act to the cashier.

"Never tell the customer that we're out of anything. Tell them we'll have it next week," I instructed her. "Now, what did she want?"

"Rain." (from Anne: Please, Lord, bring us rain!!)

Joke provided by: Reader's Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment