Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Final Appeal Denied
















Sadly, my final appeal for Long Term Disability Insurance benefits has been denied. We were hopeful but were not counting on it. I will receive the official paperwork soon and then will be consulting our attorney to have him refer us to an attorney who specializes in these things. If the new attorney feels I have a case I guess we will go forward with a lawsuit. I was hoping I wouldn't have to as the stress really makes the vertigo worse but I don't really have a choice.
Happily, there is some good news! There is a state agency that helps people who have disabilities find a way to work or get retrained. I have had my initial appointment with them and they are now going through the process to see if I am eligible. If I am (pray for me) then we will go forward with the assessments, etc... I will know in mid-December if I qualify.

Cartoon provided by: CartoonStock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment