Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Snail Mail


Why does it take forever for a piece of mail to get to its destination 5 miles away and another, from across the country, takes 2 - 3 days. I really don't get it. The worst, though, is that some mail NEVER gets to its destination and unless you know it's coming you don't even miss it (what if it is really important?). This happened with a voting ballot sent to us 2.5 weeks ago that has to be submitted by this Friday. I saw mention of it in an e-mail and called - they hand delivered the ballot. If I had never seen that e-mail or if the person sending out the bulk e-mail hadn't mentioned the ballot in passing we never would have been able to vote on a very important Homeowners Association issue. Such is life - guess I better get used to it. Am I ever happy that I pay all my bills online - who knows which payments would actually arrive if I put them in snail mail?
Cartoon provided by: Reader's Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment