Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My "Brother" Greg


The above photo is of Tony (Greg's older brother) and his new wife and Greg, on the right. Greg and I grew up together. We lived next door to each other every summer from the time I was an infant until we were both adults. He was the brother I never had. We played together virtually every day until we were teenagers. He was a gentle, kind, and sweet person even as a child. Tragically he passed away in the early 1980's - he was so young. He left behind his lovely wife, Lillian, and his precious daughter, Deirdre (who is a year younger than our Krista). Just recently I "found" Deirdre on FaceBook and we have been communicating via FB ever since. It is like finding a long-lost niece - it makes me very happy.The above photo is courtesy of Deirdre. She tells me he was an awesome father which doesn't surprise me in the least. Greg has two beautiful grandsons who are almost the exact same ages as Krista's girls. I miss him.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've gotten on the FB bandwagon. It's definitely an awesome tool for connecting people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful young man he was! What a tragedy that he died so young. How wonderful that you found his daughter and grandsons!

    ReplyDelete