Thursday, June 16, 2011

Working Out The Bugs

Life is full of surprises, new things, fun things, scary things, wonderful things. Many of us seem to be afraid of something new. I know that I am a little wary of something new if I don't know someone who has already "tried" it. I was raised to be extremely cautious. Now, this is good in some ways; it has kept me, especially when I was young, from getting into deep trouble. It can also be not so good; I have not tried a lot of things that I am sure would be so much fun and now that I am in the state I am in I will never get to do them. There are only a couple of things that would be so awesome to try that I still think about them: swimming with dolphins, being a professional singer (Folk singer in the 60's and 70's), acting for a living. Seems weird to actually put these in writing and share them with you all -- have never really told anyone before. At any rate, these are a few of my dreams that are now to be laid to rest. I have a wonderful life - not one regret. I have the most amazing, loving husband, two lovely, intelligent, loving daughters, two sons-in-law that my daughters and we love very much, and three gorgeous, adorable granddaughters. I cherish each one of them and would not trade one minute with any of them for anything. I am blessed.



Cartoon provided by: Reader's Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment