Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happiness is...

Humans never seem to be happy enough: they have a job - but they want a better one. They have a home to live in - but they want a bigger and better one. They have happy children who contribute to society - but they want them to be more successful. They are happy in their marriage - but shouldn't there be more? True happiness is what you make of your life. I have a very different life than I had nine months ago; for a long time I was depressed about the changes my medical condition had made in my life but over time I have come to terms with it and I am just so happy to be alive and have my wonderful husband by my side and the love of my lovely daughters and their families and , most importantly, I know God loves me and is with me and is giving me strength, endurance, and patience. I try to be a better person, less grumpy, each day so that I can truly enjoy being alive. What more could I ask for; this is happiness.

Cartoon provided by: Reader's Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment