Friday, June 20, 2014

Piggy Bank


I don't know about you but I never had a piggy bank.  I know a lot of kids who did, though.  They saved their pennies, nickels, and dimes until they had enough to buy whatever it was they were saving for.  Until I was a lot older, sixteen to be exact, I never saved for anything.  It was not something that was discussed in our home.  When I was sixteen I got my first job for the summer in a really nice department store. It was fun working there and the clothing discount was awesome; that's where a lot of my money went.  I would put money aside for clothes I wanted and then purchased them, at a discount, once I had the full amount.  I worked for them on and off - summers and Christmastime.

Have a truly fun weekend!

Cartoon provided by:  Reader's Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment