Friday, February 25, 2011

My Lawyers

Got some really good news: my lawyers says he believes I have a case for my Long Term Disability Insurance benefits denial.
Firstly, my doctor says that my vertigo is not a preexisting condition; the insurance company denied my LTD benefits because they said it was a preexisting condition. This I already knew, of course, but my attorney still has a lot of paperwork to wade through. Secondly, he believes I have what is called a "bad faith insurance claim". This is when an insurance company denies benefits even though all the evidence shows that benefits are due. My attorney has brought in a second attorney; her specialty is bad faith insurance claims. They are meeting together and will be doing research for a some time. Hopefully I will hear from them by the end of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment