Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Remember Full Service?























There are young adults out there who do not even know what "full service" is. This is a shame. I loved "full service". You sit in your car and a nice (usually but could also be surly) young man comes out and starts filling your gas tank with fuel. He then checks your oil to see if you need anything and then proceeds to wash and squeegee each and every window of your car. Sigh. Just awesome is what it was. As I get older and dizzier filling my gas tank can be a problem; I usually have John do it when we go out together on one of his days off. So, I really do miss "full service". Oh well, life goes on.

Cartoon provided by: Reader's Digest

1 comment:

  1. In Oregon you can't pump your own gas. Someone has to do it for you. Takes getting used to. -Misha

    ReplyDelete