Friday, January 17, 2014

Starting Off The New Year


A new year has begun.  Many of us have made resolutions; some possible and others impossible to keep.  Our problem, I believe, with resolutions and keeping them is that we make too many of them.  I have done this so many years myself.  I have decided to pare down the list and make it so that I might be successful for a change.  This year I have the following resolutions:  Read through the Bible in a year ( I bought a small book which guides me through the process.  I have been enjoying the journey very much), eat better - not just so that I may lose weight but more for the good health of it, and, finally, start to move a little.  Since the first vertigo struck in December 2004 and being taken off all exercise (I was falling, etc... and doctor told me to stop including writing a letter to my gym to cancel my membership) a couple of months later I have done virtually nothing - nada - rien - in the way of movement.  This has taken it's toll:  gained back all the weight I had lost and the muscle tone that went with it.  Now, of course, I have two different vertigos and so am unable to exercise - I thought.  I found a DVD for people like me and it's supposed to help with movement without leaving my chair.  Any movement, I feel, is healthy.

So, wish me luck.  I wish you luck with whatever resolutions you have taken on.

Cartoon provided by:  Reader's Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment