Friday, April 27, 2012

Fraud

I find it very sad that there are so many people on welfare, food stamps, medicare, SSDI, etc... that are not eligible. Many, in fact, are knowingly committing fraud. The government is trying to find them all, but it's not easy. I have been waiting for two years to receive Social Security Disability due to my 2 types of vertigo which prevent me from working outside the home more than 10 hours per week (sometimes a lot less on a bad week- as per the rehabilitation people here). I have been turned down 3 times and have, for more than a year, been waiting for a hearing date before an SSDI judge. The reason the wait has been so long, I have been told by my representatives, is due to the huge number of people applying for SSDI because their unemployment ran out and they don't want to work. I never even received unemployment (nor applied for it, for that matter - I was never terminated and am still an 'employee' on unpaid leave of absence). Finally, I have a hearing date of June 7. Please pray that I am awarded SSDI benefits. This would give John a merciful reprieve from working his buns off and give us a little peace. It could take to the end of the year to receive any benefits, if I am awarded any, but just knowing they would be coming would be a comfort - the judge can take up to 3 months, after the hearing, to make a decision - rarely do they tell you at the hearing if you will be awarded benefits. Please pray. Thank you.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cartoon provided by: Reader's Digest


No comments:

Post a Comment