Monday, September 19, 2011

Yes, Sir!

Exercise has always been the only way I can really lose weight. About 8 years ago, over a period of 18 months, I lost 100 lbs. I did this by walking 3 times a week for an hour, aerobics class 2 - 3 times a week, and lifting weights twice a week. Although I did adjust my food intake, the weight loss stopped and reversed itself once the exercise diminished and then stopped. Due to the first kind of vertigo that started in 2004, I was no longer able to go the the gym as I got so dizzy and even fell off equipment. I then had many falls when walking (really messed up my ankles in the process). So, it has been a very long time since I exercised. Since the second kind of vertigo kicked in, two years ago, crossing a room is sometimes a task. We have a great stationary bike but I can't use it as I get soooo dizzy trying to get on it. I have found a DVD for people who are older and may not be able to stand while exercising. So, here's hoping chair exercise will help me to attain better health - weight loss would be icing on the cake.

Cartoon provided by: Reader's digest

No comments:

Post a Comment