Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Legal Opinion


Spoke with my primary lawyer yesterday. He and the secondary both agree I have good case but it will not have a positive outcome unless we can get two independent doctors to agree that my vertigo is not preexisting. So, each of the lawyers is getting the opinion of a doctor. If they both agree that my vertigo is not preexisting then we will go forward with the case. My neurologist says that it is not preexisting but the insurance carrier has chosen to disregard his opinion. If we go forward with the case we would not only be suing for the Long Term Disability Insurance benefits that I am owed but also for what is called Bad Faith Insurance Claim; wherein an insurance carrier does not consider the medical information it has. This is quite common, apparently. Most people when they are denied insurance benefits drop it and that is what the insurance carrier hopes for. In my case, the insurance carrier is very well known for doing this. Will know more at the beginning of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment